Metro Detroit Trademark, Bankruptcy, & Real Estate Attorney
Over 13 Years of Experience Helping Individuals, Entrepreneurs, Start-Ups, and Artists
John M. Hilla – Livonia, Michigan Trademark and Bankruptcy Attorney
John Hilla is the managing attorney of The Hilla Law Firm, PLLC. Attorney Hilla's mission is to assist creators, makers, and entrepreneurs across the United States with the protection of their brands, identities, and ideas.
A graduate of Wayne State University Law School in Detroit with an additional LL.M from the George Washington University Law School in Washington, DC, John is also a former working musician, writer, and rock music magazine editor and publisher.
As such, John personally understands the needs for a recognizable, useful, and well-protected brand. In business, your name is your identity—and vice versa.
Regardless of your background or your needs, Attorney Hilla will treat you with the respect you deserve and the attention you require. Coming from a non-legal “first career” in business and the arts, customer service is my number one priority with any client. When you retain The Hilla Law Firm, you are guaranteed access to your attorney when you need it and not a phone-maze or wall of paralegals.
- The Michigan Bar Association
- The Law Society of Ontario
- The Eastern District of Michigan Federal Court
- The Western District of Michigan Federal Court
- The Detroit Consumer Bankruptcy Association
- Hilla, John M., “Am I Responsible for My Fianceé’s Debt after Marriage?,” The Detroit Legal News (Feb. 25, 2009).
- Hilla, John M., The Literary Effect of Sovereignty in International Law, The Widener Law Review (Vol. XIV, No. 1, 2008).
- Hilla, John M., Popular Consent in the Formation of Customary International Law, Michigan International Lawyer (Winter, 2005).