Southeast Michigan Landlord-Tenant Attorney
Servicing Landlords and Property Managers Across Southeast Michigan
As a property owner or manager, time is of the essence when a tenant is in arrears on rent payments, in breach of your lease, or in violation of a community rule or regulation.
It is essential to retain an experienced landlord's attorney to represent your interests and protect your premises vigorously—and properly.
Michigan's statutory landlord-tenant regime offers tenants many protections and defenses to eviction, and you need an attorney assisting you who understands the law and can navigate you through it at a minimal cost and in an efficient timeframe.
Attorney John Hilla and Swistak Levine, PC can:
- Ensure that your notices to quit are properly drafted and served utilizing the correct 7, 10, or 30-day notice periods required below;
- Ensure that the local practices of the district court in which your property is situated are properly maintained;
- Ensure that tenants in breach do not unfairly "game the system";
- Ensure that your rights are protected should your tenants file bankruptcy.
Specific Services Offered:
Attorney John Hilla and Swistak Levine, PC are experienced in the following areas of landlord-tenant representation:
- Bankruptcy services for landlords, Chapter 7 or Chapter 13;
- "Just cause" eviction proceedings for manufactured home managers;
- Non-Payment of Rent Evictions;
- Terminations of Tenancy Evictions, including
- Breaches of Lease;
- Breaches of Rules & Regulations;
- Emotional Support Animal (ESA) issues;
- Damage to Premises Issues;
- Drug-Use or Criminal Activity Evictions;
- Post-Lease Expiration Holdover Evictions;
- and any other related service.
Contact us today to schedule a consultation with Attorney Hilla to discuss how he may assit you, now or in the future.
Swistak Levine, PC represents landlords only and cannot respond to tenant requests for legal assistance.